HBase & Solr – Near Real time indexing and search
A. HBase Table
B. Solr collection on HDFS
C. Lily HBase Indexer.
D. Morphline Configuration file
Once Solr server ready then we are ready to configure our collection (in solr cloud); which will be link to HBase table.
- Add below properties to hbase-site.xml file.
- Add below properties to/etc/hbase-solr/conf/hbase-indexer-site.xml. This will enable Lily indexer to reach HBase cluster for indexing. Replace your values for properties. Replace the hbase-cluster-zookeeper values as mentioned in hbase-site.xml, for local environment its value is localhost.
- Restart below services
- Create a hbase table with replication
- Create Solr cloud collection
Once you run above command get into path $HOME/hbase-collection1/conf in which there is solr config file; you can edit the schema.xml file
with our own schema, for this use case we have to add below tag which is column family of HBase (data).
- Create a Solrcloud collection with the above schema.xml
Creating a Lily HBase Indexer configuration
Creating a Morphline Configuration File
Starting & Registering a Lily HBase Indexer configuration with the Lily HBase Indexer Service
- Start the hbase-indexer: