Sqoop – IBM DB2 Connector

Hadoop Eco System Forums Hadoop Discussion Forum Sqoop – IBM DB2 Connector

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lokesh Kumar Adike 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Siva
    Keymaster

Hi All,

Below is the high level procedure for connecting with IBM’s zOS DB2 with SQOOP tool. With the help of this, we can bring the Mainframes DB2 tables data directly into HDFS or Hive.

1. Download the JDBC driver (db2cc*.jar) file for DB2 from IBM downloads page at link
    2. Copy the JDBC driver JAR file into $SQOOP_HOME/lib directory.
    3. To import data from DB2 to HDFS, Here the port number for DB2 database is 50000. We need to provide the username and password in the connection string.
    4. To export data from HDFS Cluster to IBM Mainframe’s DB2

Ravindra Pathakota

HI,

I am trying to connect to Mainframe Db2 V 10.1. I am missing the license db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar file? From where can i download the same?

16/07/22 00:09:12 ERROR manager.SqlManager: Error executing statement: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlSyntaxErrorException: [jcc][t4][10509][13454][4.16.53] Connection to the data server failed. The IBM Data Server for JDBC and SQLJ license was invalid
    or was not activated for the DB2 for z/OS subsystem. If you are connecting directly to
    the data server and using DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition for System z, perform the
    activation step by running the activation program in the license activation kit.
    If you are using any other edition of DB2 Connect, obtain the license file,
    db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar, from the license activation kit, and follow the installation
    directions to include the license file in the class path. ERRORCODE=-4230, SQLSTATE=42968
    com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlSyntaxErrorException: [jcc][t4][10509][13454][4.16.53] Connection to the data server failed. The IBM Data Server for JDBC and SQLJ license was invalid
    or was not activated for the DB2 for z/OS subsystem. If you are connecting directly to
    the data server and using DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition for System z, perform the
    activation step by running the activation program in the license activation kit.
    If you are using any other edition of DB2 Connect, obtain the license file,
    db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar, from the license activation kit, and follow the installation
    directions to include the license file in the class path. ERRORCODE=-4230, SQLSTATE=42968

Lokesh Kumar Adike
    Participant

Hi Shiva Sir,
    Can i have your mail id. Can you guide me how to prepare for interviews.

Thanks in Advance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Sqoop – IBM DB2 Connector’ is closed to new replies.

Review Comments
default image

I have attended Siva’s Spark and Scala training. He is good in presentation skills and explaining technical concepts easily to everyone in the group. He is having excellent real time experience and provided enough use cases to understand each concepts. Duration of the course and time management is awesome. Happy that I found a right person on time to learn Spark. Thanks Siva!!!

Dharmeswaran ETL / Hadoop Developer Spark Nov 2016 September 21, 2017