Error while starting Azkaban solo server

Hadoop Eco System Forums Hadoop Discussion Forum Error while starting Azkaban solo server

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  praveen kumar 3 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

praveen kumar

Hi All,

I have installed Azkaban on my Ubuntu Machine on which Hadoop-2.3.0 is installed in pseudo distributed mode. As per the instructions in post http://hadooptutorial.info/azkaban-hadoop-a-workflow-scheduler-for-hadoop/ but I am receiving an error message while starting $ bin/azkaban-solo-start.sh.

Here is the complete error message from console:

Please let us what is the problem?

Siva
    Keymaster

Hi Praveen,

The above error message seems to be because of the incorrect version of jackson-core-asl-*.jar and jackson-mapper-asl-*.jar files present in your hadoop distribution.

Can you provide the versions of above two jars present in Azkaban distribution, & Hadoop-2.3.0 distribution The jackson-*.jar files can be found in hadoop distribution at location $HADOOP_HOME/share/hadoop/common/lib/ and in Azkaban distribution they will be present at azkaban-solo-2.5.0/lib directory.

praveen kumar

Hi Siva,

I have installed Azkaban-Solo-2.5.0 distribution on Ubuntu machine and its jackson jars versions at azkaban-solo-2.5.0/lib directory are:

jackson-core-asl-1.9.5.jar
    jackson-mapper-asl-1.9.5.jar

And Hadoop-2.3.0 version is installed on the same machine. But hadoop distribution is containing different version of jackson jar files at $HADOOP_HOME/share/hadoop/common/lib directory are:

jackson-core-asl-1.8.8.jar
    jackson-mapper-asl-1.8.8.jar

So we have copied the jackson-core-asl-1.9.5.jar & jackson-mapper-asl-1.9.5.jar files from Azkaban distribution to Hadoop distribution at $HADOOP_HOME/share/hadoop/common/lib directory and after that we have restarted the azkaban server.

Now azkaban solo server is running fine without any error message.

Thank you…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Error while starting Azkaban solo server’ is closed to new replies.

Review Comments
default image

I have attended Siva’s Spark and Scala training. He is good in presentation skills and explaining technical concepts easily to everyone in the group. He is having excellent real time experience and provided enough use cases to understand each concepts. Duration of the course and time management is awesome. Happy that I found a right person on time to learn Spark. Thanks Siva!!!

Dharmeswaran ETL / Hadoop Developer Spark Nov 2016 September 21, 2017