Apache Falcon Installation on Ubuntu 14.04

Hadoop Eco System Forums Hadoop Discussion Forum Apache Falcon Installation on Ubuntu 14.04

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  clusterman 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Siva
    Keymaster

Below is the high level procedural steps for installing and setup of Apache Falcon from Apache. It is still incubator status and we have to use maven to build apache falcon. In this topic, we are installing faclon-0.7-incubating version on Ubuntu 14.04. We are using Hadoop-2.6.0 and Oozie-4.0.0 to integrate falcon with this.

We can clone Falcon sources from git and call the src/bin/package.sh with the Hadoop and Oozie target versions that we want:

$ git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-falcon falcon

If java version on our machine is greater than or equal to 1.7 then we need to edit the build-tools/src/bin/build-oozie.sh to add the below line to make it ready for java version 1.7 otherwise it will throw Error Message 1 shown at the bottom of this post.

in build-tools/src/bin/build-oozie.sh:

then submit the below commands from falcon folder.

http://blog.nanthrax.net/2014/03/hadoop-cdc-and-processes-notification-with-apache-falcon-apache-activemq-and-apache-camel/

Error Message 1

clusterman

yep :), it is working for me.

just on remark, i must maven 3, some unix install only maven 2 and pom.xml seem not
    more compatible for compiling.

it is very useful help for hadoop 2.6.0, because it save lot of time and works and investigation i lose lost of time with oozie, an when i see oozie embeded inside falcon.

thanks for the job and your time

🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Apache Falcon Installation on Ubuntu 14.04’ is closed to new replies.

Review Comments
default image

I have attended Siva’s Spark and Scala training. He is good in presentation skills and explaining technical concepts easily to everyone in the group. He is having excellent real time experience and provided enough use cases to understand each concepts. Duration of the course and time management is awesome. Happy that I found a right person on time to learn Spark. Thanks Siva!!!

Dharmeswaran ETL / Hadoop Developer Spark Nov 2016 September 21, 2017