In this post we will discuss about the Apache Oozie Installation on Ubuntu machine and we will run some sample mapreduce jobs on oozie scheduler.
Apache Oozie Installation on Ubuntu
We are building the oozie distribution tar ball by downloading the source code from apache and building the tar ball with the help of Maven.
- If we plan to install Oozie-4.0.1 or prior version Jdk-1.6 is required on our machine. If our jdk version on Ubuntu is greater than or equal to jdk-1.7 then we need to make some changes in pom.xml file.
- But if we are going to install oozie-4.1.0 or later versions then Jdk-1.7 on Ubuntu will not cause any issues.
- Hadoop-2 installed on our machine.
- Mapreduce Job History Server should be configured and started successfully and remaining hadoop & yarn daemons should be running fine.
- Create oozie installation directory under preferred location, usually in /usr/lib/oozie and provide full permissions and download the oozie source code into that folder.
- Once the build is successful, copy the binary distribution, from /usr/lib/oozie/oozie-4.1.0/distro/target/oozie-4.1.0-distro/oozie-4.1.0 to our convenient location so that no need to traverse longer directory structure to access oozie, suppose into /usr/lib/oozie/oozie-4.1/.
- Add the bin directory of oozie-bin into .bashrc file as shown below. $ gedit ~/.bashrc
Oozie Web Console:
- For enabling Web Console for Oozie we need ext-*.*.zip library present in Oozie distribution. By default this will not be available with Oozie distribution, we have to download it separately from extjs site.
- Now lets create library directory under Oozie binary distribution and add required jars to it and later lets download required extjs zip files into it.
Now we are almost ready to start Oozie web console but we need to create user and groups specific to Oozie as shown below
- Add these two lines to “core-site.xml” under “$HADOOP_CONF_DIR” or $HADOOP_HOME/etc/hadoop. Here, USERNAME should be replaced with appropriate value, in our case it is user only (user@ubuntu-1:)